Monday, September 27

RE: Mike Adams - Searching for Bonhoeffer

I read a column by one of my favorite commentators this morning at Townhall.com -


"Searching for Bonhoeffer" by Mike Adams. (Be aware that most of Adams' stuff is sarcastic and he sometimes addresses topics that are not for the faint of heart - i.e., adult topics.)

I am a Deacon at my church. That translates as "Minister of Mercy". We get to dispense mercy to people with financial and/or physical needs.

The goal is to represent Christ to them.

One of the side-benefits is that we are doing (trying to do) for the occasional "seeker" what the seeker-friendly churches should be doing - providing them with proof that Christ is relevant...that Christianity is relevant.

Obvious successes (in the form of radical repentance / drastically changed lives) are few and far between. I hope this doesn't mean that we are doing it wrong, but rather that we won't hear the success stories until much later.


No comments: